Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

@ Karben Haavore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:08 pm

The shuttle arrives at the bustling spaceport on iridonia prime. It was a smooth flight from the core out to the midrim, but you are ready to be planetside. Many often confuse your people's nomadic nature with comfort with space travel, and you would be happy to disabuse them of the notion. There is nothing comfortable about long treks cramped in a steel box, no matter how luxurious, so you sigh in relief when the door to the shuttle opens and lets in a breath of air.

Iridonia is not the most appealing of planets. A young world, it's inner fires still churn the planet's surface into jagged mountains and steaming volcanoes. The air is hot and constantly smells of sulfurous fumes, a smell even the air processors never seem to remove. A droid stands waiting for you at the foot of the ships ramp. An older 3PO model, it's metallic coat shows the effects of long periods in the harsh atmosphere of this planet.

"Hello Sir." the droid's prissy voice rings out in Basic. "Welcome to Iridonia. If you would follow me please." It watches for a moment before turning and walking away across the spaceport.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
@ Karben Haavore Default2
InspectorRod

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:17 pm

I pause at the top of the ship's ramp and draw in a deep breath. I make a sour expression because of the smell. Looking at the back of the droid I say, "Very well." I descend the stairs and follow it.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:11 am

The droid leads you across the busy spaceport. You pass a berth with a beat up old YT-2400 transport and five zabrak climbing all over it yelling at each other in their native language as they try to effect repairs. The thing looks much worse for wear, and the front of it is covered with what looks to be the remains of a flock of mynocks. After clearing the main docking area the 3PO leads you towards a group of towering buildings. A squad of stormtroopers marches past you out of the local imperial garrison, as you make your way up the stairs into an office building next to it. A turbolift caries you up to the 21st floor, where you exit into a waiting area, its walls lined with the latest blaster models for customers to view. The droid leads you right past the receptionist bot, who merely glances up from its datapad before continuing to talk into a comlink about the advantages of the latest DL-102b revisions. Beyond the waiting area is a small common area flanked by two doors on either side. You follow the droid to the left-hand door, where it keys the entry tone.

"What is it?" a harsh voice speaks from the com-panel.
"The negotiator from corporate is here to see you sir."
"Well, bring him in!"

The droid opens the door and you follow it in.
Behind a large desk, a Chagrian stands to greet you. The horns on the top of his head almost brush the ceiling as he walks around past a full-size display model of an e-web repeating blaster. He holds out a datapad to you.

"Welcome to Iridia, hope you had a good flight. I'm Marr Sanek, head of planetary operations here. Here's all the info you'll need. Not sure how much corporate briefed you on what we're dealing with, but we have a mining operation being held up by a group of anthropologists. They don't want to let us dig because it's disturbing their dig site or some such. I need you to talk our way clear of this. It's too much red tape to try and force them out. The datapad has all the details, amounts of credits we're willing to offer, other concessions we are willing to make. You know the drill, don't give them any thing you don't have to." He motions and a droid comes in from the other room. "This is Kel-too. He'll be your aid on this. You need anything, just ask him."

"A pleasure sir." The droid gives a quick bow. He is a newer model, but not a line you recognize. So many little companies pop up with gimicky droid ideas it's really hard to keep track. Hopefully this one will hold up.

Marr speaks up "You can reach me here at the office or they can contact me if I'm not around. Kel-too has a built in encrypted comlink so you can feel free to send whatever message you need through him. I've set you up with a meeting out at the digsite with the anthropologists. It's at 1200 hours tomorrow, so feel free to enjoy the sites here in town. I'm sure Kel-too will get your wherever you want to go."
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 am

"Yes sir. Thank you. I'll get to reviewing the data immediately so that I can be prepped for the meeting tomorrow," I say while motioning at the data pad for emphasis.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:52 am

"Good man. I have to get back to work. The Sith commander has our latest shipment impounded for some reason. Worse than the old imperials, these guys. But they pay well... when they choose to." He motions you off and heads back behind his desk.

"If you would like sir, I can show you to your quarters. There are also some lovely dining locations. If I don't presume too much, I know an chef of excellent repute who prepares Skirin-ta, a fish delicacy from your homeworld of Sembla." Kel-Too motions towards the door.

You take a second to look over your new assistant. Of a thicker build than the old 3PO models, it's shell is a greenish tinted alloy of some sort. The designers apparently deciding utility before appearance gave the droid 4 forward occular receptors and two rear, but no semblance of a face, as you would usually find with a protocol droid. But the thing you notice most is that the designers dropped the prissy voice and personality of the 3PO and went with something much more affable.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:17 am

"Alright, lead the way to my quarters. I short rest would be nice and the Skirin-ta sounds excellent."
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:24 am

Kel-too leads you out of the building and across the plaza to a 30+ story hotel, with a shining white marble entryway. A number of air and landspeeders are parked in front of the building, a few of them clearly labeled as a planetary cab company, others loading or unloading hotel guests of various species. The droid leads you through the group and past the counter to a turbo lift. A slot in it's arm ejects a keycard which it passes to you. "This is your room key and company cred line."

You ride the lift up to the 17th floor, where you are shown to your room. It is a decent room, with a bed, a holonet screen, and the usual amenities you get on a modern room. A number of suits of cloths are already hanging in the closet, all sized to fit you. A basket of fruit and snacks sits on the dresser with a card from the hotel welcoming BlasTech's representative.

Kel-too will wait for you back down in the lobby, unless you need him further.

It is almost 1300 hours.

[OOC - Iridonia has a 29 standard hour day.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 pm

I take a few minutes to relax and freshen up a little bit. Then I sit down at the desk and start reading through the information on the datapad.

[ooc: The main goal is to research all the info and make sure I know what I'm talking about for the meeting.]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 pm

In your research you are able to gather most of the basics driving the issue, at least from the perspective of the BlasTech personnel that compiled the data. You find yourself uncomfortable looking through so much text though, and quickly feel your eyes start to glaze over. Out of the mountain of text you do find a few names that stick out to you. Darben Trannas, the chief of mining operations contracted by BlasTech, and Neel Dibibb, the head of xenoarchealogy for the University of Iridonnia, the man BlasTech believes is the driving force behind this move to stop the digging. You quickly tag their entries and contact information.

[OOC - your character is much better at gathering information by talking to people, you just weren't cut out to be stuck behind a desk Very Happy ]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Alright, then I guess I'll just watch entertainment until dinner then. Then I'll head down and find Kel-too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ Karben Haavore Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Karben Haavore   @ Karben Haavore Empty

Back to top Go down

@ Karben Haavore
Page 1 of 1