Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General interaction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

General interaction Empty
PostSubject: General interaction   General interaction EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am

In general, if Adam and SO are on a trip around ppl we don't know, I will act ignorant of anything ppl say and Adam will do moat of the talking. I will only speak in my native tongue which Adam should undrstand.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
General interaction Default2
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 pm

That's fine. Although, I didn't think of this before, but you're not a native speaker of English which would require a knowledge skill to use. Same for Adam to be able to speak to you in your language. I think 1 skill point to get a d4 skill would be good enough. We can discuss offline via email to figure out how to handle this.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 am

Ah, the solution has been found. According to my reading, in Savage Worlds you can automatically known a number of language equal to half you Smarts die. So that means Adam can know 2 languages, and Strange Owl can know 4.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:57 pm

cool beans, that works out great.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:06 pm

By the way, I'm still curious as to what Strange Owl looks like as far as how he's dressed and stuff.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 am

What steps do we need to take to prepare to go? Did we discuss with Carson what arrangements we would make for travel, and when we were going? I assume we'll pick up foodstuffs there, since we don't know exactly what we will be doing. I should probably take an amount of ammunition for my weapons, and equipment to load my own rounds as well. Now that I think about it, would it not be cheaper to acquire new mounts when we reach Africa, perhaps mounts that are accustomed to the climate, local diseases and such?

Packing List:
.44-40 ammunition
.50-90 ammunition
mounts?
tack and harness?
bullet moulds, accessories for creating/loading bullets
(I assume we can acquire brass, gunpowder and non-reusable parts there)

Need to find passage on a ship.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

You can get food when you are there, since you don't want it spoiling while you travel.
Trade goods would be handy for gaining stuff while you are there. Textiles are good for trade with natives. Trade with civilized folks are a bit more challenging, but then they'll be more app to accept currency anyway.
Plenty of ammo for your guns would be good.
You probably don't want to take your mounts... they stand a good chance of not surviving the trip... and if they make it there they'll probably die from the bite of a tsetse fly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General interaction   General interaction Empty

Back to top Go down

General interaction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Far Striders :: Victorian Adventures :: Idle Chatter-
Jump to: