Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Journey Continues

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
InspectorRod
"Friday"
The Journey Continues - Page 2 Default2
InspectorRod

The Journey Continues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:43 am

Carson nods approvingly, "Right indeed. I'm a bit of an adventurer myself. I'm actually planning on taking a trip to either Africa or the Orient. People love the stories of adventure and I hope to write a book or two." He takes a long draw on his pipe and goes silent as if reviewing the images of a past adventure in his mind. He snapes out of his deep thoughts quickly and appologizes, "Sorry, I tend to reminisce. If I were you I'd take that spirit of adventure and head somewhere yourself. You won't regret it... well... unless you die of disease or something."
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 am

"Just a moment, Carson, I must bring my friend up to speed on the discussion." I start speaking to Strange Owl in Blackfoot. " What do you make of this fellow? Should we see if he wishes to accompany us on our journey, or do you think we should let him go on his way? He seems interesting company."
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:55 pm

"interesting enough for you. That is fine with me but I suggest we continue the ignorant ploy for now until he can be thoroughly trusted."

I return to drinking my whiskey just listening to the cabin chatter fir anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:46 am

[Strange Owl]
There's really nothing of interest in the other conversations in the dining car. Mostly idle chatter which almost seems silly at times.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

"Very well." Adam turns back to Carson. "Well, Perhaps fate is smiling on us. My friend and I are considering just such an expedition here in the next few weeks. Perhaps we should pool our resources?"
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:22 am

"Indeed. May I ask where you are headed... beyond Chicago that is?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 pm

"I have recently received communication from my uncle, inviting me to join him in Africa. Strange Owl and I plan to meet him in Durban, and from there who knows what adventures we might have!"
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:16 pm

"Ah, yes. South Africa... the English, Boers, Zulus, Xhosa and diamonds! That does sound like an interesting enterprise you are embarking upon. I must say I'm intrigued. Once I get to Chicago I'll see if I can make the necessary arrangements to undertake the trip. Does your schedule allow me a few days for such arrangements?" he asks. He draws excitedly on his pipe.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:19 pm

"Certainly. We still have a good deal of arrangements to make ourselves."
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Adam and Carson continue their conversation for several hours. Carson is full of stories about California, Texas and Mexico. He does seem to be a gifted story teller and you're sure that if his writing is anywhere near as good as his oratory skills, then any book he writes is sure to become popular. He excuses himself before dinner and heads to his room.

[ooc: Adam gains an ally and a extra benny!]

Thursday, August 12, 1880
Several days pass as you both ride on the train. Carson shows up from time to time to engage Carson in conversation. As the sun is setting the train pulls into the station in Omaha. You get your gear and horses unloaded, find livery to stable them and then look for a hotel. Carson shows you one of his favorites and y'all are able to get accommidations for the night. "Tomorrow we should be able to buy tickets to complete our trip. For now I will bid you goodnight," he says and then heads up the stairs to his room.

[ooc: Anything either of you want to do while in Omaha before catching the next train?]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 pm

[OOC - Maybe see if I can send a message to my uncle? Or should I wait till we're in Chicago?]
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 pm

(ooc: guess just hang with Adam and get something to eat if we did nit eat on train. What is there to do in Omaha?)
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 pm

[Adam]
There's telegraph stations all along the railroad. You can send a message if you want to.

[Strange Owl]
Well, you've definately never been in a city this large so just looking around would be pretty amusing. Pretty much anything you can think of to do in a town should be available.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:22 pm

[OOC - I will go find a telegraph office and try to get a message out. Otherwise, just bide time till we head out, maybe show Strange Owl the sights and check in with Carson.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 pm

[Adam]
Telegraph office is already closed for the evening. Should be open when you purchase your train tickets though.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 am

[OOC - So am I still biding my time and seeing the sights? Didn't know if you were waiting on me to do something else.
I'll send the telegraph when we get the tickets, which will be as soon as they are open. Otherwise I'm just checking out the scenery and showing Strange Owl the unusual world of the white man. I'll head back to the hotel whenever it starts getting dark, don't want to be footpad bait.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 am

Friday Aug 13, 1880
You get up the next morning and enjoy a hearty breakfast with Carson. Then you all head out to the station and purchase your tickets. The telegraph operator is there and you are able to get your message sent to your parents. [ooc: if you have any specific to say just let me know, otherwise I'm just assuming it's a 'I'm on my way home'].

A few hours later you are all on the train headed to Chicago. Frequent meals with Carson allow you to keep in touch. [ooc: It's up to y'all if you want to keep up with Strange Owl's "lack of knowledge" of the English language, I'm assuming you are still hiding this from Carson].

The trip takes 4 days with the frequent stops to major cities/towns along the way.

Tuesday, Aug 17, 1880.
Finally, the big day arrives and the city of Chicago comes into view. Strange Owl, it's even larger than you could ever imagine a city to be. For Adam, it's grown a bit but still very familiar. Smoke rises over the city from all the industry. The train pulls into the station and everyone unloads. Carson bids you farewell and heads out. You both head to the car to unload your horses. The great city of Chicago is spread out before you.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:46 pm

[OOC - How should I contact my Uncle to tell him we are going to come? Is that something I should do when we depart, when we disembark in Durban, or at the telegraph office?]
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 pm

I am in utter amazement at the shear size of the settlement called Chicago. It would take an unimaginable amour of teepees to fill the space that this place has taken up. I can't help but feel sad for all the nature and animals that have been displaced by this place. Still, an amazing site for the spirit and will definately be a coining coup for just bring here.

"do u trust Carson Adam? If u do, then I am ready to join ur conversations. I have kind of missed our talks and this Carson guy seems really interesting to talk to. I shall look forward to sharing some of my stories for some of his"
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:44 pm

[ooc: you can send a telegram whenever you choose. As it stands right now, he has no clue you are coming.]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 pm

[OOC - I will send him a short message saying I will be coming as soon as I can arrange it, and I will be bringing some companions along. I figure that I should keep it brief, since it is a telegram]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:57 pm

[Adam]
You get a telegram sent to your Uncle.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 am

"I think we can trust Carson, Strange Owl. If your ready, we can let him in on your secret."

[OOC - Time to go explain to my parents. We'll head to my parents place. So what do you think, can we still see evidence of the fire around town? The fire was in 1871, so its been 9 years.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm

[ooc: I'm sure you can see soot on some of the brick buildings that survived, but anything wood was pretty much wiped out.]

You set out for your parents place. It's a busy day and people are all about doing their various tasks. Being a hot day the smell of various odors associated with people living in cramped spaces are especially noticeable. You eventually arrive to the middle class neighborhoods were things are slightly more spaced out and comfortable. This seems very pleasant until it spreads out more and the streets start to become a little less crowed. Carriages are more prevalent as you have to make way for them on the streets. Eventually you arrive at a lavish 3-story house surround by a brick wall. "Percy" is inscribed in a stone plaque set in the brick wall by the wrought iron gate.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:27 am

I steel up my resolve and head in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey Continues
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Far Striders :: Victorian Adventures :: Tales of Adventure-
Jump to: